Dissemination of Information from Non-School and School Support Groups
Adopted: Originally March 4, 1982 as #1327
Amended: March 24, 2016
Dissemination of information to parents and students about programs or events offered beyond the regular day by local non-school (e.g., youth athletics) or school support groups must receive the approval of the Superintendent or his/her designee. The distribution of literature by any profit/non-profit-making ventures or groups not affiliated with Hopkinton will not be approved.
The Superintendent’s or his/her designee’s approval of information about programs or events will be based on satisfactory responses to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated value for Hopkinton Students:
- Congruence with current educational offerings, mission, values, and or the district’s Strategic Plan;
- Appropriateness for the ages and grades that would be involved; and
- Clarity about the lines of responsibility and adequacy of supervision.
Flyers may be posted on the district website with the approval of the Superintendent or his/her designee. The school district does not allow the distribution of the paper brochures or flyers to students. On rare occasions, the Superintendent or his/her designee may allow a school support organization to distribute paper flyers for grades Pre-K to five only or information through the district’s listserv.
E-Flyer Website Posting/Distribution Procedures
E-Flyer Application for Posting Flyer
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations