JJI - Athletics
Adopted: Originally April 2002; June 23, 2011, August 5, 2015
The School Committee believes that students benefit from the experiences of teamwork, the lessons of sportsmanship, and the practice of self-discipline through their participation in interscholastic athletics. Students will be allowed to participate in the interscholastic athletic program on the basis of their abilities and adherence to the following:
- Regulations and recommendations of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA);
- Policies of the Hopkinton School Committee;
- Requirements of the school administration;
- The Student Handbook and Student Athlete Handbook; and
- Rules of the leagues in which the Hopkinton Public School district participates.
Students’ participation may not be restricted in any explicit or implied manner based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification or national origin.
As a condition of employment, all paid or volunteer coaches and employees of the Athletic Department must sign a form acknowledging that thy will comply with requirements above. The form must be returned to the Athletic Director.
Safety participants shall be a primary consideration for the athletic program. The Athletic Director and Principals will establish regulations regarding the safety and well-being of all who participate in these activities and provide this information to students, staff, and parents in the Student Athlete Handbook.
Athletic Department stipend positions will be considered for renewal on an annual basis.
603 CMR 26.06
JJH Late Night and Overnight Travel
EEAEE Bus Accidents
IHBG Home Education
JICFB Bullying Prevention
GBEBC Gifts to Employees and School Committee
JJI-R, Coaches and Volunteer Compliance Signature Form
Student Athlete Handbook
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations