Student Drug/Alcohol Abuse Prohibited
Adopted: April 7, 2011
The School Committee prohibits students’ use, possession, distribution, or selling of controlled substances, alcoholic beverages, or non‐prescribed mind altering substances, as well as prescription medication misuse in school, on school grounds, or at any school activities.
Violations of this policy shall result in appropriate action as directed by student handbooks, and will be reported to the Hopkinton Police Department per the district and police Memorandum of Understanding’s Reporting Guidelines. Students may be subject to additional consequences as defined by Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) regulations.
School personnel who suspect a violation of this policy must immediately notify the school administration.
M.G.L. 272 §40A
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations