EEAE - Bus Safety Program
Adopted: March 2, 2023
The safety and welfare of student riders will be the first consideration in all matters pertaining to transportation. Safety precautions will include the following:
1. Students will be instructed as to the proper procedure for boarding and exiting from a school bus and in proper and safe conduct while aboard.
2. Emergency evacuation drills will be conducted at least twice a year to acquaint student riders with procedures in emergency situations.
3. All vehicles used to transport students will be inspected periodically for conformance with state and federal safety requirements.
4. Classroom instruction on school bus safety will be provided three times annually.
School Committee Policies
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations