Adopted: January 22, 2015
The School Committee declares its intention to purchase competitively without prejudice and to seek maximum educational value for every dollar expended.
The acquisition of materials, equipment and services will be centralized in the Superintendent’s office of the school system. The Superintendent or his/her designee will serve as purchasing agent. He/she will develop and administer the purchasing program for the schools in keeping with legal requirements and with the adopted school budget.
School purchases will be made only on official purchase orders approved for issuance by the appropriate program head and signed by the Superintendent or his/her designee, with such exceptions as may be made for emergency purchases.
M.G.L. c.7,§22a; 22b; 30b
M.G.L. c. 71, §49a
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations