School Committee Meetings
Adopted: November 7, 2013
Amended: August 5, 2015
The School Committee will transact all business at official meetings of the Committee. These may be either regular or special meetings, defined as follows:
- Regular meeting: the usual official legal action meeting, held regularly.
- Special meeting: an official legal action meeting called between scheduled regular meetings to consider specific topics.
Every meeting of the School Committee, regular or special, will be open to the public unless an executive session is held in accordance with state law.
In terms of procedures, motions and votes, School Committee meetings will be governed, in general, by Robert's Rules of Order. The School Committee adopts the Town of Hopkinton’s REMOTE PARTICIPATION POLICY.
940 CMR 29.00, M.G.L. c.30A, §§18-25,
940 CMR 20.10(8), 940 CMR 29.10(2)(a),
940 CMR 29.10(3), 940 CMR 20.10, M.G.L. c.30A, §209d), M.G.L. c.39, §23D(a)
BEDA - Notifications of School Committee Meetings
BEDH - Public Participation at Committee Meetings
MASC Model Policies
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations