BDE - School Committee Subcommittees
Adopted: November 7, 2013
The School Committee may establish special subcommittees. These subcommittees may be created for a specific purpose and to make recommendations for Committee action.
- The subcommittee will be established through action of the Committee.
- The Committee chair, subject to approval by the Committee, will appoint the subcommittee chair and its members.
- The subcommittee will be provided with a list of its functions and duties.
- The subcommittee may make recommendations for Committee action, but it may not act for the School Committee.
- Generally, the Committee chairperson and Superintendent will be ex-officio members of all special subcommittees. If, however, more than one member of the School Committee has been appointed to a particular subcommittee only the Superintendent will be an ex-officio member of that special subcommittee.
- A subcommittee will be dissolved by the Committee upon completion of its assignment, or it may be dissolved by a vote of the Committee at any time.
Open Meeting Law
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations