School Committee Organizational Meeting
Adopted: October 17, 2013
For the purpose of organizing, at its first regular meeting following the district’s annual elections, the School Committee will elect from its membership a chairperson and a vice chairperson. Both the chairperson and vice-chairperson will hold their respective offices for a term of one year or until a successor is elected. The Superintendent of Schools will call to order the annual organizational meeting and conduct the election of a chairperson.
A majority of the members of the School Committee will constitute a quorum. The election will proceed as follows:
- Nominations for the office of chairperson will be made from the floor by another member of the School Committee, without the need to be seconded. The chairperson will be elected by a majority roll-call vote of the members present and voting. If no nominee receives a majority vote, the election will be declared null and void and nominations will be reopened.
- Upon election, the new chairperson will preside, calling for the election of a vice chairperson. The procedure used for their election will be the same as that for electing
Any vacancy among the officers occurring between organizational meetings will be filled by a member elected by the School Committee. The election will be conducted as described above. Following election of officers at its organizational meeting, the School Committee may proceed into such regular or special business as scheduled on the agenda.
MASC Model Policy (Westboro)
- A - Foundations and Basic Commitments
- B - School Board Governance and Operations
- C - General School Administration
- D - Fiscal Management
- E - Support Services
- F - Facilities Development
- G - Personnel
- H - Negotiations
- I - Instructional Program
- J - Students
- K - School-Community Relations
- L - Education Agency Relations