Health & Wellness
Please see our new resources site for families!
This website provides resources for HPS families interested in physical fitness, stress management and health-related information. Many activities are grouped for grades K-5 and 6-12, so families can choose age-appropriate resources.
Guiding Principles For Health & Wellness
Our health and wellness curriculum is informed by the guiding principles outlined from the Massachusetts Comprehensive Health Curriculum Framework. These tenets, alongside learning standards in the areas of Physical Health, Social and Emotional Health, Safety and Prevention Physical, and Personal and Community Health, ensure students receive developmentally appropriate instruction throughout grades K-12.
- Comprehensive Health education teaches students fundamental health concepts and skills that foster healthy habits and behaviors for the individual and others through sequential and coordinated teaching of health education, physical education, and family and consumer sciences education at each grade level, prekindergarten through grade 12.
- Comprehensive Health education teaches students to use fundamental health concepts to assess risks, to consider potential consequences, and to make health enhancing decisions.
- Comprehensive Health education teaches skills that assist students to understand and communicate health information clearly for self-management and health promotion.
- Comprehensive Health education contributes to the capacity of students to work in a positive manner with families, school staff, peers, and community members to enhance personal health and create a safe and supportive environment where individual similarities and differences are acknowledged.
- Comprehensive Health education is strengthened through collaboration and partnerships among all components of the coordinated school health program and other subjects.