Childcare Transportation Information
2018-2019 School Year
In accordance with the Student Transportation Policy (EEA) of the Hopkinton Public Schools/ Hopkinton School Committee and related procedures the following information applies to childcare transportation for the 2018-2019 school year:
Hopkinton Public Schools has contracted with Kidsborough to provide in-school before and after childcare. We urge you to consider this program for your childcare needs. Please visit the HPS website for more information: https://www.hopkinton.k12.ma.us/domain/1470
Transportation to and from other childcare locations is permitted under the under the following conditions:
- Hopkinton Licensed Childcare Provider: The Childcare Provider has contracted with Hopkinton Public Schools (HPS) for transportation service for the 2018-19 school year.
- Sitter Location: The Sitter location is the residence of a “familial sitter” (family relation). All Sitter locations must be submitted to the Transportation Department for approval via the Sitter Location Registration form found on the HPS district website under Childcare Transportation. The Sitter has signed a busing contact which will be sent to the Sitter upon submission of the Sitter Location Registration form.
- The bus has available space.
- School notification of the student’s childcare provider(s) and/or pick-up and drop-off information, via the School Transportation Arrangement Form (Student Pick-up & Drop-off), is received by the schools by:
May 11, 2018
Students new to the school district, who enroll/register after May 11, 2018, are required to submit their School Transportation Arrangement Form at the time of registration.
- All student bus passes will be issued for the student’s home address.
- Childcare bus routes will be published on the HPS website at the end of August, 2018.
- Day-to-day bus switching is NOT allowed for students in grades K-5.
- Due to safety concerns, bus drivers and classroom teachers are not permitted to make busing changes.
- The Schools are committed to doing everything in their power to help children navigate to the correct bus for transportation to childcare, but it is the child, rather than the school staff and bus driver, who is responsible for getting him/herself to the correct bus.
PLEASE: If you have not yet solidified your childcare plans for the 2018-19 school year, we urge you to do so. Please communicate your plans to your student’s assigned school by May 11, 2018.
Information & Forms