The mission of the Hopkinton Public Schools is to learn, create, and achieve together.
We accomplish our mission by embracing these values:
- Primacy of Learning
- Social, Emotional, and Physical Well-Being
The Hopkinton Public School District is regarded by other school districts, institutions of higher learning, and employers as a center of educational innovation that produces critical thinkers, creative problem-solvers, effective communicators, and productive, healthy citizens.
- The curriculum is dynamic and supports 21st century learning.
- Data from multiple and varied assessments are used to improve student learning.
- The school district’s facilities, grade configuration, and organizational structure support student learning.
- The school district’s staffing, services, and culture support the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students.
- Highly dedicated and qualified staff members are supported in their work and are compensated fairly and competitively.
- The School Committee, administration, and staff effectively communicate their plans, priorities, and progress to students, staff,
- families, and the community.
- The community works together to efficiently provide the resources to remain a high-performing district while recognizing current
- economic conditions.
School District Information
The Hopkinton Public School District offers a comprehensive educational program for students in pre-school through grade 12. The school district includes a high school for students in grades 9-12, a middle school for students in grades 6-8, and three elementary schools for students in grades K-5. Pre-school students are educated at the Marathon Elementary School. Students are taught by an experienced and well educated staff. Sixty-eight percent of faculty has six or more years of teaching experience and 83% of staff possesses an advanced degree. Increasingly Hopkinton has become known as one of the better school districts in the state. Recently, Hopkinton High School was ranked the #3 best high school in the state by the U.S. News and World Report
The town of Hopkinton is located at the intersection of Route 495 and Route 90, and has attracted both industry and residents with its central location, excellent schools, and rural character. Hopkinton is truly a link for professional people who work in the area. The town is within forty minutes of Boston, Worcester, and Providence, Rhode Island. There is easy access to two major airports, Boston’s Logan Airport and Providence’s T.F. Green Airport. Hopkinton is probably best known as the start of the Boston Marathon.
Hopkinton is currently home to 15,216 residents, and approximately fifty percent of these residents have moved to town within the last fifteen years. To accommodate this growth, many new homes were constructed, and the town built the Hopkins Elementary School, Hopkinton High School, Marathon Elementary School and new facilities for police, fire, and senior citizens.
While growth in Hopkinton steadily increases, developer Boulder Capital is working with the town on Legacy Farms. This mixed use plan would result in 940 residential units and 450,000 square feet of commercial space on 720 acres of land purchased from Weston Nurseries. Once completed, the development will yield approximately 226 students for the school district.
While Hopkinton is primarily a residential community, it is home to several high technology and biotechnology companies. The largest business in town is EMC Corporation, a Fortune 500 company that is headquartered in town and currently employs approximately 5000 employees. Other major Hopkinton businesses include Caliper Life Sciences, Barry Controls, Lonza Biologics and a Liberty Mutual Insurance Research Facility. While infrastructure improvements have been made in water, sewer, electrical service, and roadways, future industrial growth and additional revenues for the town are largely dependent on further infrastructure improvements, primarily the construction of a new wastewater treatment facility and the development of new town wells.